Marty Andrews

artful code

Friday, September 12, 2008

Roodi version numbering changes.

After releasing Roodi a couple of days ago, and getting some feedback from people, I realised that they had the wrong version of it. When I first started getting the project set up as a gem with Hoe, I pushed a 1.x version up to Rubyforge. Since that time, I tried to change the version numbering back to 0.x, and deleted the old files on Rubyforge. Too late though, Rubyforge has cached the old gem file with a higher version number. That means people who've installed Roodi in the last couple of days actually got an older version.

Since then, I've changed the version numbering (again) back to a 1.x version, and published a new gem with a higher version number than the old one. It actually contains a couple of enhancements and some new checks as well. Version 1.2.0 is now published, and is the latest stable version.

No comments:

Post a Comment